January 4, 2010

Jets vs. Bengals

Me, Niall, Kamil, Jimmy, Mike and Andrew went to the Jets game last night at the Meadowlands. It was fucking phenomenal! It was a playoff atmosphere because the Jets needed this one to get into the playoffs.

We get there and we're already cold as hell. It's about 18 degrees - it felt like negative 5 with wind chill. We all get to the stadium and they give us the Jets' equivalent of a Terrible Towel:


















Then Kamil and Niall leave to their seats (there's were a lot better), and Jimmy, Mike, Andrew and myself go up to our section - Section 338. This was the view:






















Even though the seats were really high up, there's really no such thing as a bad seat in the Meadowlands. Everyone in the section was really drunk and really rowdy, even though it was a dry event. We get to our seats and everyone around us was really cool and friendly. Anytime we saw a person in a Bengals we started shouting things like, "ASSHOLE!",  "FUCK THE BENGALS", "OCHO FAGGOT", "FUCK THE PATRIOTS", and of course, "FUCK TOM BRADY". It was awesome.

When Brad Smith had his first 30 yard run, everyone went crazy. Then when Thomas Jones scored the first touchdown of the game, everyone went crazy! I was hugging and high-fiving everyone. I ended up getting pushed back 3 rows. For a second, I didn't know where the hell I was. Me, Andrew and Mike got really cold so we decided to get some hot chocolate. As we were walking down the stairs, we see a bunch of Jets fans arguing with some Bengals fans. Some guy gets pissed off and decides to throw his hot chocolate at the Bengals fans. Only thing was, it didn't hit the Bengals fans. It hit me right in the side! I take off my jacket to show him my jersey and scream, "I'M ON YOUR SIDE!" My white and green Jets hat was in my jacket and it ended up white and brown - luckily it came out in the wash. Worst of all was that my pants got wet and it was super cold. My dick was freezing and smelled like a Tootsie Roll. We got back and it was still a shutout. The Bengals did have some good drives, but the Jets defense shut them down whenever they got close.

By halftime it was 27-0 Jets.

A bunch of people left after halftime, but me and the guys decided to stay. Someone ended up remind us all that this is the last game at Giants Stadium. He told us how during the last games at Yankee and Shea Stadium people starting ripping their seats off to try to take a piece of the stadium home. A couple of seconds later someone stomped on their seat and it fell right off. It was kind of sad how easy it was to break it off. In a matter of minutes, everyone started stomping their seats off. The security guards come by and take all the broken seats so that no one can take them home. People start cursing him out and telling him to get a real fucking job.

This is what our section looked like after everyone was done with it:






















The game ended with the Jets shutting the Bengals out 37-0. Andrew tried to sneak a seat out of the stadium inside his jacket, but he got caught. 
 
Overall it was one of the best nights of my short-lived life. Everyone around us was so cool. I was screaming so loud during the game that I have laryngitis. But fuck it, it was totally worth it. You know we had to take a group a picture. 


































J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment