January 30, 2010

Buffalo Cantina

My friend Gennaro told about this thing called the "Seppuku Challenge" at Buffalo Cantina. Apparently they are the spiciest wings in all of Brooklyn. I just knew I had to try it out. So Kamil, Niall, and myself head there and I tell the guy I want the Seppuku Challenge.The guys says, "Are you sure?" I hesitate a little and reply, "Fuck it, why not?"

For those who don't know what Seppuku is;

seppuku: ritual suicide by self-disembowelment on a sword; practiced by samurai in the traditional Japanese society

And the completing the Seppuku Challenge gets me;

-A horrible burning senstation in my mouth for a day
-A fiery bowel for two days
-Complete and utter Youtube humiliation - if applicable
-Uncontrollable sweating and crying
-My meal paid for on the house
-My picture on the wall
-A free T-Shirt

The guy makes me sign a waiver - no joke! I'll have a picture of it up soon. I was starting to get nervous, but I couldn't back down now.

The food comes out and.... well here's a video. Enjoy!




There was a wing hidden under all the bones, that's what screwed me over. Not to mention the fact that I started hiccuping, and I didn't know I could have a drink until halfway through. But fuck that shit, NO EXCUSES!

I'm trying it again in another two weeks, when Gennaro comes back so he could watch me survive the Seppuku Challenge! I want my picture on the wall and a fucking T-Shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment