February 8, 2010

Bystander Effect

Today I saw a young lady with a big ass baby carriage getting out on the Q train. The baby carriage looked like it weighed more than her! Instead of helping her, I went up a different set of stairs so that I wouldn't have to help her. As I walked by her, I just stared at my iPod so that she wouldn't even have a chance to ask me.
I felt like such a fucking asshole, but I really didn't wanna help her. I'm sure someone - someone who actually has a heart - ended up helping her. The Bystander Effect was totally shown there.


I know it was a dick move, but I'm sure at least 25% of people I know would do the same thing.

200th post! LETS FUCKING GO! I still can't believe I've been doing this shit for over a year. Thought it would die relatively quickly. And it surprises me how many people actually follow/check my blog. Thank you all!

....that's enough of that sentimental shit

1 comment: