November 2, 2009

Brooklyn Hospital

Brooklyn Hospital is most certainly a weird place. Weird isn't the right word, but I don't know what else I should say. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and I have TWO stories to tell!

Okay, so I go to Brooklyn Hospital, sign in, and then I just sit down in the waiting room. I'm sitting like three seats away from this elderly black guy and I notice that his shoe is untied. So - of course - I said to him, "Excuse me sir, your shoe's untied." He looks down and notices is. Then he says, "Oh yea?!". He then goes down to his other shoe - the one that is tied - and he unties it dramatically! Then he says, "Take that, CRACKER!" I was literally flabbergasted! I didn't know what the fuck to say, I was just in shock.

While I'm still waiting, I ask out loud if anyone has a pen. I have a newspaper with me and I wanna do my Sudoku puzzles. So this girl comes up to me and hands me a pen. I thank her and think that's the end of it, but it was only the beginning. She starts talking to me. I try to pay her no mind because I'm really into my Sudoku, but then again I have to pay some attention to her since she gave me the pen. She asks me what I'm here for and I tell her that I'm here for my knees. I ask her the same question, and she tells me she has Lupus! I didn't know much about the disease, but I do know that it's an autoimmune disorder. I thought it was like AIDS so I was honestly kinda creeped out. I felt so bad for her! Then I realize that she's flirting with me, which creeped me out even more! She asked me if I had a girlfriend. I told her I did, and she looked DEVASTATED! I felt even worse! Then there was an awkward silence and eventually my doctor comes out and calls me in. Talk about perfect timing! I thank her for the pen, give it back to her, and walk away. I felt so horrible!

I ended up getting a pen from the receptionist. And funny enough, it's a pen with a BMI indicator on it. When I go to check mine, it was all in the red. Red = Bad. She basically told me to lose some weight. Fucking bitch!



On a lighter note, I did end up finishing the Sudoku puzzles. And it made me realize that if I play my cards right, I will never have to pay for a pen ever again. Woohoo!



This place gives me the heebie-jeebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment