April 4, 2010

Greyhound/Trailways

I fucking hate buses so much! Last weekend I decided to take a trip up to Syracuse and Geneseo to see my friends. The trip up to Syracuse was long as hell, but it was overall the best bus ride out of the whole trip. After Syracuse is where everything starts going to hell....

I leave Syracuse at 5:30 am. Exhausted beyond belief. I almost forgot there was a 5:30 am!

I take a cab to the bus station and the bus leaves for Rochester at 6:10.  I'm supposed to be at Geneseo at 9:15.

No one tells me to get off at Rochester so I end up staying on the bus til Buffalo. I get there I start getting all paranoid and shit since it's 9:30 and I'm in fucking Buffalo. I try to keep my cool and I see a bus for Rochester at 11:30. I try to kill time by looking for something to eat. BUT NO! The fucking moron who planned the bus terminal in Buffalo forgot to put any place to eat close by. I grab a Twix - for breakfast! - and I end up waiting til 11:30 and get on the Rochester bus.

I get to Rochester at about 1:30. I expect the Geneseo bus to be leaving shortly, BUT NOO!!!! It doesn't leave til 4:30! FOUR FUCKING THIRTY!! I try once more to go on a quest for food, but no luck. I grab another Twix and a Monster Energy drink because I feel like I'm about to pass out (I had like 2 hours of sleep the night before). I end up watching the Wire for 3 hours and finally the bus comes at 4:50 - 20 minutes late! I expect a 20 minute bus ride. We don't get to Geneseo until 6:15.

Surprisingly I'm not that pissed. I expect Oscar to show me a great time so I just put the whole bus trip past me. But that's a whole different story that I don't wanna get into (long story short; GENESEO SUCKED DICK).

But that's not all folks! The bus trip back home sucked just as much.

The bus trip from Geneseo to Binghamton wasn't that bad, just long and boring. I was literally the only person on the bus and the driver kept trying to talk to when I just wanted sleep.

I get to Binghamton and there's a 2 hour layover. So once again, I watch the Wire (one of the best shows ever created by the way).

Around 2:30, 3 buses drive to the terminal; one to New York, one to Pennsylvania, and one to Canada (Gates 1, 2, and 3, respectively). I get onto the bus in Gate 1 and I doze off for a bit. I wake up and I see signs that say Scranton, Pennsylvania - yes I saw a ton of Dunder Miflin things there. I get all paranoid and start thinking I got on the wrong bus. I ask the bus driver and he tells me I'm on the right bus, this is just the way we have to go to get back to NYC. I take a sigh of relief and go back to bed.

I wake up to the bus driver on the speaker saying, "Ladies and Gentlemen, there's been an accident on the highway, we're gonna have to take an alternate route." The alternate route is a dirt road. I notice that it's pouring outside, but I try not to think about it and I go back to sleep. I wake up to this;




I'm honestly scared I'm gonna die! All the green signs on the highway are covered in snow. So of course I can't sleep the rest of the trip and start overthinking everything. An hour of this eventually turns into rain and we end up in Jersey. And from Jersey we get to Port Authority within 20 minutes. Of course we get there an hour later than we were expected.

I'm trying to stay away from buses for a while after that shitty experience. It definitely wasn't as bad as I'm making it out to be, but it did suck balls.


Fuck Greyhound and Trailways!!



That's the end of my bus rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment