October 20, 2009

R.I.P.

This is indeed a sad day for me. I have lost such a great friend. I think sharing my grief would help me ease my burdens.

Me and the Santana's met right before graduation when my friend, Michael introduced me to them, along with the Melvins and the Dontrelles for $250. At first, we weren't close at all. Slowly but surely we became inseparable. Everywhere I went, they were right there with me. I still remember when they got their first scuff. We were playing football at the lot and I dragged my toes and messed up the front. At first I thought that was gonna be the end of them, but their flaws just made me love them more and more. Eventually there were more scuffs and more hardships. I wasn't going to abandon them. They were in such pain that I had to clip their wings. I knew they were gonna have to be put down, but I just couldn't force myself to do that.

Then came the day.

The left got caught on something and got a huge hole in it. I still wasn't ready to let them go, but eventually the hole just kept getting worse and worse. I didn't want to, but I knew it was time.


I am just thankful for all the special moments that the Santana's and I shared together. And with that, I hope that they will continue to live on in my heart and in my mind.

I still cannot believe that you're gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment