October 7, 2009

L Train Delayed After Someone Kills Themself at the 1st Avenue Station

According to Gothamist, someone jumped in front of a Manhattan bound L train on the First Avenue station. The MTA or the NYPD aren't disclosing any information, but they're saying that the L is out of commission until 5 o'clock. It's kind of sad; but what's sadder is that all the comments are people about him. Someone wrote:

"On another note, it's stories like this that show just how selfish people are that commit suicide. He/she could have done it in any other way that did not negatively affect others. But no, he/she decided in his/her own hubris to make sure that his/her death was (a) broadcasted to all and (b) delayed public transportation in a major metropolitan area."

What's saddest of all is that when I heard this, my second thought was, "Poor guy." My first thought was, "How the hell am I gonna get to class today?" Does that make me a bad person? I'm pretty sure it does.

2 comments: