August 23, 2009

Vegetarian?

I think I'm gonna try to be a vegetarian for a week. Not because I love animals; but because I hate plants.

Lets see if I can actually do it.

Day 1: The first day was such a pain in the ass. I had Cookie Crisp in the morning; Sushi for lunch (I'm still eating seafood - so suck it); an Eggplant Parm slice from Vinnie's; and a Falafel for supper. The food wasn't that bad, but it just sucked because my parents made so much BBQ food, and I couldn't have any of it because it all consisted of meat.

Day 2: The second day was nowhere near as bad as the first. I had a single Oatmeal Raisin cookie for breakfast. Then me and Niall went to the city for a bit. This is where I had Chipotle for the first time in my life. I had a Veggie Burrito, which sucked because they had such an amazing assortment of non veggie things. Niall - being the asshole that he is - got a chicken burrito bowl with extra chicken and bacon. I thought I was gonna cry. The Veggie Burrito was actually really good and surprisingly filling. Whodathunkit? Then a couple of hours later, I had some Shrimp with Cashew Nuts. That was so damn good, although the severe lack of shrimp. Those were the two big meals of the day - and a few sweets here and there. Today made me think I can actually do it.

Day 3: The third day started out just like the other two. I had cereal in the morning and then went to work. Eventually I went to the health food store and got a Tuna Wrap and Oriental Nut Mix. After work is when it got really bad. I get home to find out that my mom cooked my absolute favorite meal; Chicken Cutlet. I was so fucking furious, and she was just laughing thinking I'd give in. Luckily I didn't. I went out to get a Falafel. It was no Chicken Cutlet, but it was a decent substitute. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to find some amazing veggie or fish meal that I could eat over and over again for the remainder of the week - I need to find my Chicken Cutlet.

Day 4: So I actually got past the 3 day hump. It's really not that bad anymore. I started with cereal in the morning. Then me and some of my friends went to the beach. After a buttload of swimming, I went to Palace Fried Chicken and got Popcorn Shrimp with Rice and a Salad (not that healthy, but it was so delicious). After the beach, my friends went to Subway and started rubbing in that they were eating my favorite sandwich (Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki). I decided not to eat til I got home and got a Java Chip Frappucino from Starbucks instead. When I got home, I got a Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Cheese slice from Vinnie's which was shockingly amazing - I would definitely eat it again. Even though it's not that bad anymore, I can't wait til Saturday and get this week over with.

Day 5: This isn't even difficult anymore. I do miss meat, but I'm 100% sure I can last for another 2 days. I skipped breakfast today and had a Falafel for lunch. Then I went to a doctor's appointment where I got the absolute worst news ever - I'm not allowed to do any sort of physical activities until further notice due to my knee. He told me I shouldn't even jog. It actually depressed me so much. I was about to go to McDonalds and just get a Big Mac. Luckily I restrained myself and went to a Japanese restaurant and got Fried Calamari instead. It was really good, but it was too small of a portion that I ended up getting a Spinach, Tomato, and Feta slice from Vinnie's again. I ended the night with a Coconut FrozFruit. That made me realize that I haven't really had that many fruits this week. I'm gonna change that all tomorrow.

Day 6: Today wasn't that bad. I went for a minor jog/walk at the track in the morning. Afterwards I had a protein shake for breakfast. Then me and Niall went to city where I had yet another Veggie Burrito from Chipotle. They're quickly turning into one of my favorite meals. For dinner I had some Pasta with Pesto Sauce. All i could think about is, "Only one more day!" I'm curious as to what day 7 will be like.

Day 7: Last day! I'm kinda psyched about. I started off with a bowl of Cereal in the morning. The for lunch I had two Fish Tacos. Mexican food has certainly helped me out this week. Then I was off to hang out with Niall and Kamil. We hung out at Niall's house like the good old days. We ended up ordering Domino's because it's tradition. Usually Niall orders a Bacon Pie; Kamil gets a Pepperoni Pie; and I get a Sausage Pie. But sadly these were different circumstances. I ended up getting an extra cheese pie which wasn't bad, but it wasn't a Sausage Pie. I almost succumbed to PFC later that day, but I restrained myself and eventually, it hit midnight.

I did it! I actually did it! I don't know whether I was more proud than shocked that I actually went a whole week without meat. This week did give me a new outlook on Veggie food. It definitely broadened my horizon on what I would actually eat. I'm not going to completely shun Veggie food from now on. I'm gonna compromise and fix my diet accordingly. I realized that I can eat healthy, but still eat good food.

2 comments:

  1. Laura "LuLu" Robinson likes this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to hit up S'MAC n cheese on 1st ave i think, and Artichoke Pizza. It'll make it seem really easy.

    ReplyDelete