August 8, 2009

G-Head

Whenever I hang out with someone new, they always ask, "Why do they call you G Head?" Everyone has their own story about and there are so many variations of it, but here's the actual story.

My parents didn't get officially married until I was like 7. So before that, I was Robert Gieraszimczuk (that's even tougher than Wnorowski - thank God). During the time when I was Robert G, I used to hang out with another kid; also named Robert. His father would always take us out to places such as Toys 'R' Us and Discovery Zone all the time. And instead of us both being 'Robert' he nicknamed me 'G Head' due to the fact that my last name started with a G at that time - and I have a really huge head. Thus, G Head was born! It almost died when me and the other Robert went to other schools, but eventually he met my friends and told them to call me G Head. That was when I was about eleven - it stuck ever since.

Over the years there have been so many variations, such as;

G String
Granola Bar
G Hom
G Heada (Girl G Head)
G Cabessa
G Pig
G Face
General Tso's G Head
Baby G

G Head will always prevail over the imposters.

It's gotten to the point where I get introduced as G Head. I'm sure there are some people that actually don't know my real name is Robert.

I honestly think G Head is going to stay with me until I die. I used to hate it so much, but I learned to accept it. Now I actually kinda love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment